Please click on the state you are interested in to view that state's information:
Each page includes the following:
- State Location: A map showing where the state is located in the United States.
- State Abbreviation: The two-letter abbreviation for each state.
- Statehood: When each state was admitted into the Union.
- State Capital: The capital city of the state.
- State Size: The area of the state, both total (land + water) and land only.
- Number of Counties: The number of counties for each state.
- 2015 State Population: The estimated population for each state in 2015, based on US Census data. You can also find information on state population 2010, state population 2005, and state population 2000.
- State Population Density: How crowded is each state on average, measured by number of residents per square mile.
- State Electoral Votes: The number of electoral votes each state has.
- State Quarter Issue Date: The date the State Quarter commemorating each state was issued.
- State Motto: The motto for each state.
- State Flower: The state flower as designated by each state.
- State Tree: The state tree as designated by each state.
- State Bird: The state bird as designated by each state.
- State Nickname: The nickname for each state.
- State Flag: The picture for the state flag for each state.
- Gas Tax: The amount of gas tax for each state.
- Cigarette Tax: The amount of cigarette tax for each state.
- Area Codes: The telephone area codes for each state.
- Top 5 Cities (2010 population): The top 5 cities for each state, based on 2010 US Census data.
- Major Sports Teams: Teams in each state that belong to The Major League Baseball (MLB), National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), and National Hockey League (NHL).